One of my favorite Bible quotes is found in Matthew 11 where the Savior invites us to “take my yoke upon you.”
I have always loved this image of yoking myself to the Savior. First, because He is so much stronger than I am. Secondly, because even though I am taking on an additional burden by putting His yoke upon me, suddenly I have help pulling my heavy burden.
Years ago I started saying this quote, “Two people can do anything as long as one of them is God.” I truly believe this. When you are working with God towards something good and He is guiding you towards that, you can do it!
I am fully confident that with God’s help I can accomplish anything. I don’t say that out of personal pride, but because of my confidence in God.
With His help I have survived and done some of these hard things:
- Moved to a foreign country as a child and learning a new language
- Moved across the country as a teenager and started at a school where the only person I knew was my sister.
- Took a leap of faith and withdrew from classes because I felt God moving me towards a different college in another state.
- Survived and recovered from a bad car accident
- Endured years of sleepless nights with children with autism awaking at 2:00 am.
- Made it through several physically and emotionally tough years when my children were little (and had vision challenges, autism and ADHD)
- Started a Community Christmas Choir that is now in its 15th year
- Moved from California to Arkansas, to Texas and then to Utah during my married life
- Wrote a book
- Started a business
- And now I am launching a podcast (with God’s help).
What can you do with God’s help?