Can kids with autism do chores?
Here are some of the things he can do:
- Helping me take his sheets and put them in the washer,
- Helping unload the dishwasher,
- Unloading the Silverware,
- Setting the table,
- Collecting the trash and taking it out,
- Replacing toilet paper in the bathrooms.
The interesting bonus
Nathan actually doesn’t complain about doing chores like my other kids. Part of that is because he isn’t very verbal, and that is okay when it comes to chores.
It is nice to have another pair of helping hands. I am committed to having him help more around the house this summer.
What chores to your children with autism help you with?