Enjoy diving into parallels we can draw from Mary and Elisabeth’s lives to our lives today on this week’s episode. Subscribe and Share to remember God.
Parallels from Mary & Elisabeth in our Day
1. They both trusted the path God placed them on.
- Luke 1: 6-7 Elisabeth and her husband remained righteous and committed to God despite their inability to have children.
- Luke 1: 38 Mary submitted to God’s will and was willing to change her entire life to be the mother of God’s Son.
- Question: What can I do to show God that I trust Him during my difficulties?
2. They loved and supported each other
- Luke 1:39 Mary went with haste to help and support Elisabeth in her pregnancy.
- Luke 1:42-45 Elisabeth supported Mary by living righteously enjoy to have the Holy Ghost teach her that Mary was the mother of the Son of God.
- Luke 1:56 Mary stayed with and helped Elisabeth for the last three months of her pregnancy.
- Question: What can I do this week to show love and support to others in their trials?
3. They were courageous
- Luke 1: 60 Elisabeth courageously told the priest that her son’s name was John.
- Matthew 1:18-19 Mary courageously carried Jesus not knowing how that would turn out.
- Question: What can I courageously say and do to stand up for the right?
Related Video Content:
- Check out my video on the 5 Lessons from Mary, the Mother of Jesus
- Here is a fantastic Bible video on Mary:
- A video on the angel fortelling Christ’s birth to Mary
- Here is a Bible Video of Mary and Elisabeth
- The naming of John the Baptist